REASONS TO INVEST IN IVANOVO REGION
In recent years Ivanovo Region has been focused on creating a positive investment climate for improving effectiveness of businesses in regional economics. The main focus is on investment processes activation.
TOP FACTORS OF INVESTMENT ATTRACTIVENESS OF IVANOVO REGION:
- favorable geographical position. Ivanovo Region is part of the historical center of Russia that is most economically developed;
- proximity to Moscow. economic and financial center of the country;
- extensive transport network, easy access to major highways and railroads are critical for moving raw materials and finished goods. Besides highways and railroads the region has several Volga river ports, providing transport links to Caspian, Baltic and White seas, and an airport, that is able to take all types of modern aircraft, including cargo aircrafts with a take-off weight of 200t.
GEOGRAPHICAL POSITION AND CLIMATE
Ivanovo 409.1 thousand; Kineshma 86.4 thousand; Shuya 56,8 thousand; Vichuga 36,3 thousand
TDL «Terminal» (Ivanovo)
“Edinyiy Logisticheskiy Tsentr Perevozchikov” (Kokhma)
OOO "Rodnikovskiy Logisticheskiy Tsentr" (Rodniki)
- extensive communication and telecommunication network;
- Ivanovo Region has traditionally been one of the leading industrial centers of Russia and is famous mainly for its textile products. Today two thirds of the cotton produced in Russia is manufactured in Ivanovo.
LARGE ENTERPRISES PRESENCE
OAO "Avtokran" OOO "Gazprom mezhregiongaz Ivanovo" ZAO "Nams-komplekt" OOO "TDL Tekstil" "Egger Drevprodukt Shuya"
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES PIE CHART
Producing of other machines and equipment
Industry of building materials
PRIORITY INVESTMENT AREAS
Recycling of agricultural production
Producing of machines and equipment
Producing of food products
Producing of building materials
- besides its unique research and textile production complex Ivanovo Region provides great opportunities for complex research work, technology development and equipment manufacture. High level research and development are performed in such areas as software, media, textile and chemical industries, as well as certain mechanical engineering industries.
- extensive network of professional training centers satisfies the labor market needs in engineers, academic staff, managers and highly skilled workers of all types. Ivanovo Region can also boast of adequate salary level;
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
Ivanovo State University Ivanovo State Power University Ivanovo State University of Chemistry and Technology Ivanovo State Polytechnic University Ivanovo Medical Academy
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTIONS
G.A. Krestov Institute of Solution Chemistry V.N. Gorodkova Research Institute of Maternity and Childhood
- ecologically favorable region;
Sunny days a year
Daytime temperature in January
Daytime temperature in July
of the period of planting, growing and harvesting
of snow coverage
- Ivanovo Region has great recreational potential due to its forest and water resources, including numerous healing springs. Moreover the area is rich with natural resources and supplies local businesses with materials such as sand and gravel;
Gravel165 mln m3
Clay49 mln m3
Sand78 mln m3
Turf127 mln m3
Protected water areas
Total number: 326, from them are:
129 of regional importance
197 of local importance
- unique opportunities for recreation, tourism and medical treatment;
- all properties in central districts of the region are connected to a gas supply;
- stable power delivery;
- laws allowing for easy tax terms for investors, investment guarantee schemes;
- organizational and financial support of investment projects, business safety guaranteed by executive authorities.
In 2012 Ivanovo Region won the nomination "Steady progress in reducing risks" of the tenth Regional Investment Congress "Urban development and regional investment: best practices and new trends".
Attracting of investments, support for effective investments in most important sectors of Ivanovo Region economy to ensure its innovative development is the responsibility of the Interagency Investment Council, headed by the Governor of the Ivanovo region. The Interagency Investment Council consists of federal territorial governmental authorities. This ensures effective interaction of all parties of investment process.
Ivanovo Region has advanced legal network, which is constantly updated, and effective system of investment state aid.
Besides state aid investors need certain stability in terms of regulatory and legal framework that creates foreseeable conditions for investment activity in the Region and is a crucial risk reduction factor.
According to the federal law there has been adopted a system of legal documents regulating specific stages of investment process, which creates an open, mutually beneficial, easy and transparent mechanism of interaction between the investor and the government.
To improve the quality of information and communicate it to potential investors there have been created "investment passports of municipalities", that are updated annually.
To simplify and speed up the process of collecting documents necessary for investment projects realization there has been created “Ivanovo Region Investment Agency”, offering one-stop-shop investment projects support.
Extensive efforts have also been made to create legislative regulation of processes associated with creation and development of industrial parks (please see the decree of Ivanovo Region № 3-ОЗ of 14.02.2012 "On industrial parks in Ivanovo Region"). Such development institution mechanism helps to resolve issues and meet investors’ requirements while ensuring more efficient use of public resources.
A well-formed and consistently implemented investment policy in the Region results in development of industries, creating new jobs, increasing budget income at all levels, as well as development of transport, engineering and social infrastructure.
Ivanovo Region Government welcomes all sorts of investments and offers comprehensive support to all Russian and foreign investors.